The Massachusetts Home Visiting Initiative, or MHVI, is a state-agency partnership, provides evidence-based home visiting services to families across the state through local service agencies. It is part of the national Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program (MIECHV).
Families expecting a child, or families with young children, may be eligible to receive visits in their homes from a trained family support specialist. MHVI visits are free and voluntary.
All MHVI Programs
- Address the parent’s and the child’s health, positive parenting, child development, school readiness and injury prevention.
- Provide referrals to a variety of resources and services.
- Introduce parents to education and employment opportunities.
- Offer parenting and support groups including fathers’ groups.
MHVI programs differ by the home visiting model offered; and by the community in which it is offered. The MHVI models are:
- Early Head Start
- Healthy Families America
- Healthy Families Massachusetts
- Parents as Teachers
- Information for Families
- Information for Providers
- MHVI Program Director: Claudia Catalano, Claudia.Catalano@State.MA.US
- MHVI Fiscal Director: Snaz Pierre, Snaltze.Pierre@State.MA.US
- To receive the Massachusetts Home Visiting Initiative Newsletter send an email to Maxene.Spolidoro@State.MA.US with "subscribe" in the subject line.