Key Program Activities:
- Convene the Universal Newborn Hearing Screening Advisory Committee
- Confirm screening results, follow-up appointments, diagnosis and Early Intervention (EI) enrollment
- Provide parent-to-parent support upon diagnosis
- Review and approve hospital and audiological diagnostic center protocols
- Data quality assurance activities
- Provide training to approved audiological diagnostic centers
National Program Goals 1, 3, 6
1 = Screening prior to hospital discharge, but no later than 1 month after birth
3 = Diagnosis by 3 months of age
6 = Enrollment into Early Intervention upon diagnosis, but no later than 6 months of age
This information is provided by the Universal Newborn Hearing Screening Program within the Department of Public Health.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.