The Commission is charged with the following tasks:
- An assessment of current research on post partum depression;
- Review of current PPD screening policies and practices
- Assist MDPH in the development of educational materials, referral lists and designation of validated screening tools
- Assist MDPH is applying for federal funding
- File an annual report at the end of each state fiscal year
The Special Commission is to consist of the following members or their designees and who shall serve as ex officio members:
- One Senator and one House of Representative will serve as Co-Chairs;
- Four additional members of the senate, one of whom is a member of the minority party;
- Four additional members of the house, one of whom is a member of the minority party;
- DPH Commissioner
- DMH Commissioner
- DCF Commissioner
- Insurance Commissioner
- EEC Commissioner
- Director of Medicaid
The Governor will appoint eighteen (18) persons who represent the following agencies and/or organizations:
- National Association of Perinatal Social Workers, MA Chapter
- Licensed midwife appointed jointly by the MA Midwives Association and the MA Affiliate of the American College of Nurse Midwives
- An advanced practice psychiatric nurse from the Nurses United for Responsible Service
- A nurse practitioner from the MA Coalition of Nurse Practitioners
- Psychologist from the MA Psychological Association
- Children’s Behavioral Health Advisory Council established in section 16Q of chapter 6A
- MA Behavioral Health Partnership or a MCO or managed care entity contracting with Medicaid
- Five persons from the MA Medical Society, one from each of the following specialties:
- Family Practice
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- A woman who has experienced post partum depression
- Regionally based non-profit group currently serving women experiencing post partum depression
- MA Association of Health Plans
- Three persons from commercial health insurance carriers
This information is provided by the Pregnancy, Infancy and Early Childhood Division within the Department of Public Health.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.