- Tips For Youth To Take Charge of Their Health
The tip sheets are designed to help you learn about your special health needs or disability, handle a medical emergency, and decide if you're ready to transition to adult care. There is a different tip sheet for each age group, starting at age 11 and ending at age 18 & up.
- Tips for Young Adults with Intellectual Challenges
This tip sheet provides strategies and suggestions for talking with providers and developing medical self-advocacy skills.
- Moving On Positively: A Guide For Youth, Caregivers, and Providers file size 4MB
file size 7MB
A guidebook for the transition needs of HIV positive youth. For use by youth and young adults, parents and caregivers.
- A Young Person's Guide to Health Care Transition
- Heading Off to College When You Have a Chronic Disease
This information from Boston Children’s Hospital provides preparation tips and resources for young adults who are college-bound and who may have a chronic disease or disability.
This information is provided by the Division for Children & Youth with Special Health Needs within the Department of Public Health.