The Board has developed a series of modules to assist you in understanding your responsibilities as you prepare for APRN practice. Each module has a PowerPoint presentation addressing a specific topic. The presentations contain links to various web sites for additional reference material. Some modules contain case studies and additional information that may be of use to you.
- Module 1: is a historical look into the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing and the Regulation of Advance Practice Registered Nursing.
- Module 2: discusses the standards of conduct that all APRNs are responsible for and must adhere to.
- Module 3: discusses the process and requirements for formal Board authorization to practice as an APRN.
- Module 4: provides an understanding of APRN scope of practice and how the Board defines competence.
- Module 5: discusses the legal requirement for guideline development, implementation, and preparing for prescriptive practice.
Educate the APRN Educator Curriculum is a program of study incorporating the modules above that can adjunct educational programs intended to prepare nurses for APRN practice.
This information is provided by the Division of Health Professions Licensure within the Department of Public Health.