- Retain copies of the licensees or Limited Permits and Verification of Education forms for each employee working in the department.
- A director should visually inspect the wallet card license of each employee if it is being copied. The wallet card license will have the word COPY across it when copied. Faxed copies of licensees should never be accepted. The Board encourages directors or designees to verify licenses on the Board's public verification website at www.mass.gov/dph/boards/rc (click "online services" and "check a license").
- Copies of licenses and limited permits must be maintained in a file in the respiratory department and be available for board inspection upon request.
- Maintain a current roster containing the full name, license number and license expiration date of each employee who renders respiratory care services. The roster must: be on employer letterhead and be signed and dated by the director or designee; be divided by respiratory therapists and holders of limited permits; include the names of all persons performing respiratory care duties not requiring a license and a description of the duties they perform.
- Immediately notify the Board of the name any student who holds a Limited Permit who is no longer eligible to render respiratory care services.
This information is provided by the Division of Health Professions Licensure within the Department of Public Health.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.