- We believe that the citizens of Massachusetts deserve the highest quality of health care provided by qualified healthcare professionals and facilities that practice with the highest degree of ethics and integrity.
- We recognize and value the contributions of our volunteer board members, our staff and licensees and appreciate their diversity, professional experience and knowledge.
- We believe that continued competency is important and support initiatives that address the need for life-long learning in a rapidly changing health care environment.
- We believe that partnerships with educators, other governmental agencies, law enforcement, and organizations that advocate for patients and/or providers enhance our ability to promote and ensure quality of care and safe practices to achieve better outcomes for patients.
- We believe that health care consumers, employees, licensees, applicants and others who rely on our data to make health care and employment decisions expect and should have easy access to timely, accurate, and relevant information.
To protect the public health, safety, and welfare by licensing qualified health care professionals, services, and facilities through the fair and consistent application of statutes. Through our boards of registration and in an open forum, we develop, implement, and enforce regulations and policies that assure and promote the safe practice of those we license and regulate.