State law (Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 111, section 72Y) requires that any person, firm, corporation, partnership, or association that provides or procures temporary employment in health care facilities for medical personnel, including but not limited to nurses, nursing assistants, nurses' aides, and orderlies, must register with the Department as a "nursing pool" or temporary nursing service agency. The Department of Public Health has established regulations at 105 CMR 157.000 et seq. that temporary nursing service agencies must follow.