Healthcare Employee Influenza Vaccination 2013 – 2014
Acute care hospital data reported during the 2013-2014 influenza season.
Healthcare Employee Influenza Vaccination 2012 – 2013
Acute care hospital data reported during the 2012-2013 influenza season.
Healthcare Employee Influenza Vaccination 2011 - 2012
Acute care hospital data reported during the 2011-2012 influenza season is available at the following link.
Non-acute care facility data reported during the 2011-2012 influenza season are available at the following link.
- Non-acute Care facilities 2011-2012 file size 1MB
Healthcare Employee Influenza Vaccination 2010 - 2011
Healthcare workers may be a source of transmission of the influenza virus in healthcare settings and the most effective method of preventing influenza virus and its potentially serious complications is annual immunization. Influenza vaccination offers protection to healthcare workers as well as the patients they care for.
All Massachusetts licensed healthcare facilities are required to report healthcare employee influenza vaccination data to the Department annually. Data reported during the 2010-2011 influenza season is available alphabetically by facility type by clicking on the following links.
- Acute Care Hospitals
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Dialysis Centers
- Long Term Care Facilities
- Non-Acute Hospitals
The overall vaccination rate (percentage) is calculated by dividing the number of healthcare employees vaccinated (numerator) by the total number of healthcare employees (denominator). The influenza vaccine could have been administered in the healthcare facility or the employee may have reported receiving the vaccine elsewhere (i.e. physician's office, clinic, health center, etc.) Additional analysis includes facility specific percentages for declination of influenza by healthcare employees. For the purpose of the vaccination program, employees are defined as individuals, both full-time and part-time who are on the payroll as of December 31, 2010. This data will be updated annually. For questions please email email@example.com.
Infection Prevention & Control Program
HAI Data Update
- HAIs in Massachusetts Acute Care Hospitals in Calendar Year 2012 file size 2MB
- HAIs in Massachusetts Acute Care Hospitals - June 2013 file size 1MB
- Public Health Council Update on Hospital Quality Improvement Programs and Public Reporting - 8/8/2012 file size 2MB file size 4MB
Healthcare Associated Infection (HAI) in Massachusetts Acute Care July 1, 2009 – June 30, 2011 (16MB) file size 16MB
file size 16MB
- Hospital Specific Data Sheets (3MB) file size 3MB
- HAI Public Health Council Presentation - February 8, 2012 file size 11MB
- Hospital Personnel Seasonal Influenza Vaccination Report 2009 - 2010 file size 1MB
Healthcare Associated Infection (HAI) in Massachusetts Acute Care Hospitals July 1, 2008 - June 30, 2009
- Appendices file size 1MB
- Healthcare Associated Infections - Preliminary Report
This information is provided by the Division of Health Care Facility Licensure and Certification within the Department of Public Health.