Health Care and Services
- Can residents retain their personal physician if they wish?
- Will a resident be moved out of the facility if additional care is needed?
- Do residents have input in the development of care plans?
- Are rehabilitation programs and therapies offered, as appropriate?
- What are the policies on "do not resuscitate" and "advance directives"?
- If applicable, does the facility meet the Alzheimer's Association criteria?
- Does the facility offer specialized programs or services?
- What is the staff to resident ratio?
- What are the facility's hiring and staffing policies?
- How are prospective employees screened?
- What kind of training do new employees receive?
- Is there adequate privacy and space in resident rooms?
- What personal possessions are permitted in resident rooms?
- How are items protected from theft?
- If rooms are shared, how are roommates selected?
- What happens if roommates are not compatible?
- What are the policies on transfer and relocation of residents?
- Are there activity rooms and lounge areas for resident use?
- Are the bathing and food preparation areas clean and accessible?
Meals and Resident Activities
- Are meals served in an appealing manner and at proper temperature?
- Ask to sample a meal.
- Are there food choices?
- Are there accommodations for special diets?
- Are snacks and drinks available between meals?
- Is there an active residents' council?
- Are special events held at or outside the facility and what is scheduled?
- Are there religious or cultural activities offered?
- What are the facility's policies concerning family visits?
- Are there designated visiting hours?
- What space is available for visits?
- Are there limitations on the number of visitors or frequency of visits?
- Are family members permitted to join relatives for occasional meals?
- Is the facility approved to accept Medicare or Medicaid patients?
- What is the billing and payment policy?
- What is included in the daily/monthly rate?
- Are there any additional charges?
- How long will the bed be held if the resident is hospitalized?
- Do the residents appear to be well cared for, properly groomed, and dressed appropriately for the season and time of day?
- Do staff seem to be friendly, caring and accommodating to residents, visitors and others?
- Do staff members respond promptly to resident's requests?
- Is the facility clean?
- Are there strong odors in the facility?
- Is the facility well maintained, pleasing and cheerful?
- Are the exits clearly marked and accessible?
- When was the facility's last survey conducted?
- Is the most recent survey report available in the facility? If so, where?
- Have cited deficiencies been corrected?
- If corrected, when and how were they corrected?
- How will the facility prevent them from recurring?
- If deficiencies are not yet corrected, what is the facility's plan for correcting?
This information is provided by the Division of Health Care Quality within the Department of Public Health.