Health Care and Services
- Can residents retain their personal physician if they wish?
- Will a resident be moved out of the facility if additional care is needed?
- Do residents have input in the development of care plans?
- Are rehabilitation programs and therapies offered, as appropriate?
- What are the policies on "do not resuscitate" and "advance directives"?
- If applicable, does the facility meet the Alzheimer's Association criteria?
- Does the facility offer specialized programs or services?
- What is the staff to resident ratio?
- What are the facility's hiring and staffing policies?
- How are prospective employees screened?
- What kind of training do new employees receive?
- Is there adequate privacy and space in resident rooms?
- What personal possessions are permitted in resident rooms?
- How are items protected from theft?
- If rooms are shared, how are roommates selected?
- What happens if roommates are not compatible?
- What are the policies on transfer and relocation of residents?
- Are there activity rooms and lounge areas for resident use?
- Are the bathing and food preparation areas clean and accessible?
Meals and Resident Activities
- Are meals served in an appealing manner and at proper temperature?
- Ask to sample a meal.
- Are there food choices?
- Are there accommodations for special diets?
- Are snacks and drinks available between meals?
- Is there an active residents' council?
- Are special events held at or outside the facility and what is scheduled?
- Are there religious or cultural activities offered?
- What are the facility's policies concerning family visits?
- Are there designated visiting hours?
- What space is available for visits?
- Are there limitations on the number of visitors or frequency of visits?
- Are family members permitted to join relatives for occasional meals?
- Is the facility approved to accept Medicare or Medicaid patients?
- What is the billing and payment policy?
- What is included in the daily/monthly rate?
- Are there any additional charges?
- How long will the bed be held if the resident is hospitalized?
- Do the residents appear to be well cared for, properly groomed, and dressed appropriately for the season and time of day?
- Do staff seem to be friendly, caring and accommodating to residents, visitors and others?
- Do staff members respond promptly to resident's requests?
- Is the facility clean?
- Are there strong odors in the facility?
- Is the facility well maintained, pleasing and cheerful?
- Are the exits clearly marked and accessible?
- When was the facility's last survey conducted?
- Is the most recent survey report available in the facility? If so, where?
- Have cited deficiencies been corrected?
- If corrected, when and how were they corrected?
- How will the facility prevent them from recurring?
- If deficiencies are not yet corrected, what is the facility's plan for correcting?
This information is provided by the Division of Health Care Facility Licensure and Certification within the Department of Public Health.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Learn more on our .