Initial EMT Certification
There are two methods to apply for initial certification of all levels of EMT. The recommended method is online, using the eLicensing system.
- Online: eLicensing allows online submission of applications and payment via credit card or eCheck (bank routing information). The application process can be tracked using this method.
Typical processing time: 3-5 business days
Step by step instructions can be downloaded here:
Initial Certification Instructions (using eLicensing) file size 1MB file size 2MB
Online website can be found here:
- Paper: For any candidate who wishes to submit an initial application via paper, this option still exists but comes with a longer processing timeline.
Typical processing time: 3-4 business weeks
Paper Certification Forms can be found below:
Supplemental Forms (Online and Paper Application)
- State verification of EMS licensure and/or certification
- Affidavit for EMT applicant without a Social Security Number
- Application for EMT-Basic holding NREMT certification (with/without state certification/licensure)
- Application for EMT-Basic holding Massachusetts MD/PA/RN licensure
- A/R 2-236: EMT Certification based on Out-of-State EMT and Massachusetts Physician, Physician Assistant, Registered Nurse or Nurse Practitioner licensure
- Application for ADVANCED EMT holding NREMT certification (with/without state certification/licensure)
- Application for EMT-Paramedic holding NREMT certification (with/without state certification/licensure)
- Application for EMT-Paramedic holding Massachusetts MD/PA/RN licensure and MA EMT certification
- A/R 2-323: Paramedic Certification based on Out-of-State Paramedic