Initial EMT Certification:
There are two methods to apply for initial certification of all levels of EMT. The recommended method is online, using the eLicensing system.
- Online: eLicensing allows online submission of applications and payment via credit card or eCheck (bank routing information). The application process can be tracked using this method.
Typical processing time: 3-5 business days
Step by step instructions can be downloaded here:
Initial Certification Instructions (using eLicensing) file size 1MB file size 2MB
Online website can be found here:
- Paper: For any candidate who wishes to submit an initial application via paper, this option still exists but comes with a longer processing timeline.
Typical processing time: 3-4 business weeks
Paper Certification Forms can be found below:
Supplemental Forms (Online and Paper Application)
- State verification of EMS licensure and/or certification
- Affidavit for EMT applicant without a Social Security Number
- Application for EMT-Basic holding NREMT certification (with/without state certification/licensure)
- Application for EMT-Basic holding Massachusetts MD/PA/RN licensure
- A/R 2-236: EMT Certification based on Out-of-State EMT and Massachusetts Physician, Physician Assistant, Registered Nurse or Nurse Practitioner licensure
- Application for ADVANCED EMT holding NREMT certification (with/without state certification/licensure)
- Application for EMT-Paramedic holding NREMT certification (with/without state certification/licensure)
- Application for EMT-Paramedic holding Massachusetts MD/PA/RN licensure and MA EMT certification
- A/R 2-323: Paramedic Certification based on Out-of-State Paramedic
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.