Massachusetts 2014 Safe Jobs for Youth Poster Contest
Use the link above to return directly to this page in the future.
Gear up for the 2014 Safe Jobs for Youth Poster Contest! Not only did we have eleven outstanding winners in 2013 the MBTA and GATRA both donated ad space for the 1st place poster on their buses and trains, adding even more visibility to the contest.
Read below for important contest details and forms. We look forward to your entry!
Spread the word on Twitter
- Poster Announcement
- Release Form (fillable PDF)
- Helpful Tips for Creating a Poster
- Past Winning Posters
Who can enter?
All teens ages 14 to 18 who live in Massachusetts. Teens over age 18 may enter if not in college.
How do I enter?
Review the Contest Poster Announcement for full rules.
- Design a workplace safety poster with a teen-specific slogan (one entry per person). Check out our Helpful Tips
for creating a Poster for ideas. Your poster can be:
- up to 11 x 17 inches
- in any style (paint, pen and ink, photography, computer, etc.)
- in any language
- Fill out the Poster Contest Entry/ Release Form (parent signature required if under age 18).
- Mail your poster and entry form to the address below; entries must be postmarked by Monday, December 9, 2013:
Fair Labor Division
Office of the Attorney General
1 Ashburton Place, Rm. 1813
Boston, MA 02108
What are the prizes?
- 1st Prize: $500
- 2nd Prize: $300
- 3rd Prize: $100
When will winners be announced?
Winners will be announced on Thursday, March 13, 2014, and images of the winning poster will be posted on this website Details for the awards ceremony recognizing all winners, finalists and youth judges are below:
March 13, 2014 – 3:00 PM
MA State House, Rm 437
Beacon and Park Street
Boston, MA 01233
Who sponsors the contest?
The Safe Jobs for Youth Poster Contest is sponsored by the Massachusetts Youth Employment and Safety Team (YES Team) and the Massachusetts Coalition for Occupational Safety & Health (MassCOSH).