The Registry collects, processes, corrects and issues copies of birth, death and marriage records that occur in Massachusetts. Information about divorces is also collected and maintained at the Registry. There are several functions that the Registry performs. Select your area of interest:
- Vitals Information Partnership (VIP)
- Obtaining Certified Copies of Vital Records
- Amendments and Corrections to Vital Records
- Genealogical Research
- Data and Publications
- Preparing Vital Records (forms & fact sheets)
Massachusetts Registry of Vital Records and Statistics
150 Mount Vernon St., 1 st Fl.
Dorchester, MA 02125-3105
Main Telephone: (617) 740-2600
We are located next to the Bayside Expo Center, in the Bayside Office Center. Directions to the Offices.
- Memo to Clerks Regarding Changes to Massachusetts Impediments to Marriage
- Chapter 216 of the Acts of 2008: An Act Relative to Certain Marriage Laws (PDF)
- Memo to Clerks Regarding Chapter 216 of the Acts of 2008 (revised) (PDF)
- Massachusetts Legal Impediments to Marriage (PDF)
- Chapter 109 of the Acts of 2007: An Act Further Regulating Access to Birth Certificates
- Memo Effective January 28, 2005 medical certificates are no longer required for marriage licenses (PDF)
To answer questions or obtain further information, please contact:
- Vital records
For certified copies, use of public indices, examining records, record restrictions, and genealogical research facilities, call: (617) 740-2600 or email: email@example.com
- Preparing Vital records
For legal issues on birth/marriage/death records, call: (617) 740-2600 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For parent or hospital issues on birth records, call: (617) 740-2600 or email: email@example.com
- Changing a Vital record
To amend or correct a vital record call: (617) 740-2600 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Statistical Data
For vital records statistical data call: (617) 740-2600 or email: email@example.com
The Registry of Vital Records and Statistics is part of the Bureau of Health Information, Statistics, Research and Evaluation .
This information is provided by the Massachusetts Registry of Vital Records and Statistics within the Department of Public Health.