For Internet, FAX, or Telephone Orders you will need to additionally FAX a copy of the ID to the following number: (617) 825-7755. For mail orders, include your ID and documentation (if necessary) with your order form. Please provide information on your FAX as to when and how your order was placed.
Access to non-marital (out-of-wedlock) births is limited by §2A, Chapter 46, M.G.L. to the following:
- Subject of the record (child)
- Parents listed on the record
- Father not listed on the record with documentary proof that he is the father (such as a paternity adjudication, stipulation or properly completed Voluntary Acknowledgment of Parentage)
- Legal guardian of the child
- Legal representative of the child
Marriages of Person Born Out-of-Wedlock
Access to marriage certificates when the bride or groom was born out-of-wedlock is limited by §2A, Chapter 46, M.G.L. to the following:
- Bride or groom
- Legal representative of the bride or groom
- Parent or guardian of the bride or groom
This information is provided by the Massachusetts Registry of Vital Records and Statistics within the Department of Public Health.