Launched in the beginning of 2011, the Vital Information Partnership (V.I.P.) is designed to streamline and integrate all vital event registration, securely, across the Commonwealth. We have reached our second anniversary of birth registration between the Registry of Vital Records & Statistics, birthing hospitals, and city and town clerks’ offices. Over 150,000 records have been recorded; many paternities established, amendments processed and records issued to the public.
The V.I.P. system will be expanded to include a death registration module. Having conducted a pilot with key functionality, the death module is currently going through the final stages of development and testing. The module is planned to launch in the first quarter of 2014.
Below you will find links to information regarding the V.I.P. system.
- Virtual Gateway Services Agreement
- Access Administrator Designation Form file size 2MB
- VIP User Confidentiality Form
- VIP User Request Form
- Sub Organization Form
- Funeral Home Additional Information Form
- December Training Opportunities
- November Training Opportunities
- Electronic Death Registration System Brochure
- VIP Enrollment Guide for Burial Agents and City/Town Clerks file size 5MB file size 8MB
- VIP Enrollment Guide for Funeral Homes file size 3MB file size 7MB
For additional information or if you are interested in participating in a workgroup about implementing the death module, known as the EDRS Work Group, please contact our team at:
V.I.P. Project Team
150 Mt Vernon St
Dorchester MA, 02125