- Presentation - Rabies: What kids need to know! (PPT 2.5MB) file size 2MB
This is a set of PowerPoint slides for teachers or animal control officers to use for presentations. It was developed by health educators and epidemiologists at the Department of Public Health. It has been presented in many Massachusetts school systems including Seekonk, Pembroke, Plainville, Marblehead and West Springfield. Audience size has ranged from 20 to 300 children at one time. The program is targeted to grades 2 through 5, but younger and older elementary school children have also responded well to the presentation. The presentation can be "comfortably" facilitated in 60 minutes, which also allows sufficient time for question and answers.
Instructions for Downloading:
- Right click on the link for the PowerPoint presentation.
- Click on "Save Target As."
- Click on "Save."
- Checklist of items to help you prepare for the presentation (PDF)
- Handout of slides for teachers
- List of
- Contact information for MDPH regional health educators whom you can contact for assistance (PDF)
- Rabies Education Materials for 3rd, 4th and 5th Grade Teachers (PDF 1.4MB) file size 1MB
- Certificate of Completion for Students (PDF)
- Animals in the Classroom: Recommendations for Schools
- More Information About Rabies
- Top 10 List of Animals Testing Positive for Rabies (PDF)
- Top Six Animals Positive for Rabies (PDF)
- Top Six Animals Positive for Rabies - for parents and teachers (PDF)
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.