TB Fact Sheets
A list of clinics in Massachusetts that provide TB diagnostic and treatment services for residents who have or are suspected of having TB disease or latent TB infection. Clinic locations are organized by region.
TB Brochures in English and Other Languages
- Welcome to TB Clinics - This brochure provides information about what to expect during your first visit to a TB clinic. The document is available in English, Arabic, Burmese, Chinese, French, Karen, Nepalese, Portuguese, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, and Vietnamese.
- TB Infection Patient Educational Materials: Tip Sheet for Providers - The purpose of these four informational materials is to teach patients what TB infection is and motivate them to start and complete treatment if diagnosed. The materials are designed to be used as a continuum, as they build upon each other. All patient materials are available in the following languages: Amharic, Arabic, Cambodian, Cape Verdean Creole, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, English, French, Haitian Creole, Hindi, Nepali, Portuguese, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Tigrinya, and Vietnamese.
- You Can Have TB and Feel Healthy - Introduces the concept of having TB infection and still feeling healthy.
- You have TB infection (a type of TB) - Provides information to individuals who test positive for latent TB infection, stresses the importance of taking medicine for TB infection.
- How to take your TB medicine - Provides information and general instructions for taking TB medications. The healthcare provider can fill in details.
- Keep taking your TB medicine - Provides information about following a treatment regimen and makes suggestions to improve treatment adherence. The healthcare provider can fill in details.
- Instructions for Collecting Sputum for TB - This document explains how to produce sample of sputum (phlegm) to give to a healthcare professional for laboratory testing. Instructions may require additional explanation by a healthcare provider. This document is available in English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish.
BCG Vaccine - This brochure provides an overview of BCG (Bacillus Calmette-Guerin), a vaccine that is often given to infants and children born outside of the United States in areas where TB infection and TB disease are common. However, the BCG vaccine may not prevent a person from acquiring TB infection and subsequently developing TB disease. The following fact sheet provides information about the use of the BCG vaccine, its efficacy, and its limitations. The document is available in English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish.
Someone I know has TB. What do I do now? - It is important to be tested for TB if you have come into contact with someone who has TB. The following brochure provides information about TB germs and symptoms, and instructions for obtaining a TB test. It is available in English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish.
Your TB Test Brochure - This document provides answers to common questions related to a positive TB test result. Information is available in English, Chinese, French, Portuguese, and Spanish.