Jamaica Plain, MA 02130-3597
The William A. Hinton State Laboratory houses eight programs:
- State Laboratory
The State Laboratory, also known as the MDPH Bureau of Laboratory Sciences, provides critical test services that include:
- Testing for influenza, rabies, tuberculosis and sexually transmitted diseases.
- Identification of bacteria and chemical contaminants linked to foodborne illnesses
- Detection of children with elevated levels of the toxic element lead
- Drug Control Program
- Food Protection Program
MA Dept. of Public Health (MDPH)
- Bureau of Infectious Disease
The Bureau of Infectious Disease is the merger of two MDPH bureaus: (1) Communicable Disease Control and (2) HIV/AIDS.
- National Laboratory Training Network
Training system sponsored by APHL and CDC
- New England Newborn Screening Program
University of Mass. Medical School
- State Racing Commission Laboratory
MA Office of Consumer Affairs and Business Regulations
- UMASS Biologic Laboratories
Non-profit manufacturer: vaccines and other biologic products
This information is provided by the State Laboratory Institute within the Department of Public Health.