Jamaica Plain, MA 02130-3597
The William A. Hinton State Laboratory houses eight programs:
- State Laboratory
The State Laboratory, also known as the MDPH Bureau of Laboratory Sciences, provides critical test services that include:
- Testing for influenza, rabies, tuberculosis and sexually transmitted diseases.
- Identification of bacteria and chemical contaminants linked to foodborne illnesses
- Detection of children with elevated levels of the toxic element lead
- Drug Control Program
- Food Protection Program
MA Dept. of Public Health (MDPH)
- Bureau of Infectious Disease
The Bureau of Infectious Disease is the merger of two MDPH bureaus: (1) Communicable Disease Control and (2) HIV/AIDS.
- National Laboratory Training Network
Training system sponsored by APHL and CDC
- New England Newborn Screening Program
University of Mass. Medical School
- State Racing Commission Laboratory
MA Office of Consumer Affairs and Business Regulations
- UMASS Biologic Laboratories
Non-profit manufacturer: vaccines and other biologic products
This information is provided by the State Laboratory Institute within the Department of Public Health.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.