Counselor License Information

Alcohol and Drug Counselor Licenses must now be applied for and renewed on-line using the BSAS eLicensing System.  In order to get access, please contact Ian Bain: or by phone at 617-624-5165.

Reporting Forms

Substance Abuse Treatment Program License Information

If you need information regarding a new license, renewing a license, amending a license, or closing a program, then please contact the BSAS Licensing Inspector in your region:

If you have any further question, please contact BSAS by e-mail at

This information is provided by the Bureau of Substance Abuse Services within the Department of Public Health.