The following professionals can direct you to services that will help you help your child.
  • Health care professionals can assess your child's health
  • School social workers, guidance counselors, and substance abuse counselors can guide you to services

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts offers resources to help answer your questions, and find treatment in your community. Assistance is available even if you don't have insurance.

The Massachusetts Substance Abuse Information and Education Helpline

The Helpline provides free and confidential information and referral for alcohol and other drug abuse problems and related concerns. The Helpline is staffed 7 days a week. This service helps people of all ages, and assistance is available in multiple languages.

Phone toll free: 1-800-327-5050
TTY: 1-888-448-8321

The Helpline website contains an interactive program that helps you identify services in your area.

The Institute for Health and Recovery

This service helps families of youth with substance abuse issues access publicly funded residential and other services offered by the Bureau of Substance Abuse Services (BSAS). Through a process of screening, assessment, and referral, families can establish and access appropriate care for their adolescents and receive support throughout the process.
Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. (English and Spanish)

Phone: 1-866-705-2807
TTY: 617-661-9051

This information is provided by the Bureau of Substance Abuse Services within the Department of Public Health.