DYS operates 82 programs including:
- 56 facilities, ranging from staff secure group homes to highly secure locked units, and
- 26 programs to service youth who live in the community (residing with a parent, guardian, foster parent or residing in an independent living program).
The following includes a high level overview of DYS programs and services:
- Client Services - The Client Services unit oversees the delivery of a host of clinical and support services.
- Clinical Services - Upon commitment to DYS (within the first 30 to 45 days), youth receive a comprehensive assessment.
- Health Services - The Department of Youth Services provides health services to all clients who are in out-of-home placements.
- Victim Services - The Victim Services Unit provides information, support and notification to victims of juvenile crime whose offenders are in the custody of the Department of Youth Services.
- Community Services - The District and Satellite Offices are located…
- Substance Abuse - Substance abuse prevention and intervention services offered by the Department of Youth Services to their clients.
- Juvenile Justice Legal Issues - The Department of Youth Services works to protect the public and prevent crime by promoting positive change in the lives of youth committed to our custody, and by partnering with communities, families, government and provider agencies toward this end.
- Policies - The DYS Policies and Procedures.
- Education - The DYS Education, Job Training and Employment Services Unit provides a comprehensive and integrated range of services based on the needs, experiences and competencies of our youth.
This information is provided by the Department of Youth Services.