The goals of the District and Satellite Offices are as follows:
- Increase the level of involvement and interaction with all stakeholders in the community that are committed to preventing violence, criminal behavior, and substance abuse, and encouraging education, pro-social values and healthy lifestyle choices.
- Determine the risk DYS involved youth pose to the community, determine rehabilitative needs, and provide graduated sanctions and treatment commensurate with both conduct and needs.
- Increase the number of DYS involved youth who are employed.
- Have DYS involved youth perform community service projects.
- Create and implement local processes for the sharing of information and joint decision making on high risk youth, among prosecutors, law enforcement, the courts, schools, and public and private human service agencies.
The Department regards its District and Satellite Offices as the focal point for accountability, programming and other activities concerning DYS youth in the community.
- Drug and Alcohol Counseling
- Drug Screening and Testing
- Anger Management Groups
- Skill Training Groups
- Victim Awareness Groups
- Substance Abuse Curriculum
- Family Counseling and Intervention
- Vocational Training
- Restorative Justice
- Community Service Projects
- Electronic Monitoring
- Curfew Checks/Telephone Check-In
- Crisis Intervention
- Respite Care
- Collateral Contacts with Involved Parties
- Recreational and Leisure Tim e Activities
- Employment Readiness
- Tutoring and Educational Services
Levels of Supervision
The Department utilizes a four-step level of supervision system that tailors the nature and frequency and contact to each youth placed in the community under a Grant of Conditional Liberty (GCL). Each level of supervision requires a well-defined, individualized community treatment plan that addresses requirements and expected behaviors in the following areas:
- Intermediate Sanctions/Accountability
- Intermediate Reinforcement
- Pro-Social Skill Acquisition
- Criteria for Increased and Decreased Levels of Supervision
- Criteria for Revocation of GCL and Return to Custody
This information is provided by the Department of Youth Services.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.