To receive notice of release for a juvenile offender who has been adjudicated delinquent and committed to DYS, victims must file an application for Juvenile Offender Notification and Information with the DYS Victim Services Unit. For an application please contact the unit at 617-960-3290 or download the form from our website, Juvenile Offender Notification and Information Application Form.
To receive notice of release for a youthful offender who has been adjudicated and committed to DYS, victims must file an Application for Notice of an Offender's Release with the Criminal History Systems Board. For an application, please contact their Victim Services Unit at 617-660-4690 or download the form from the Department of Criminal Justice Information Services website.
Once approved, the Department of Youth Services Victim Services Unit will provide verbal and written notice of the following changes in the juvenile's status or placement:
- Transfer from a secure facility to a less secure facility
- Temporary Release (pass eligibility)
- Provisional Release (release to the community)
- Discharge from custody - upon completion of sentence at age 18 if a juvenile or 21 if a youthful offender
Notification is additionally provided for the following:
- Parole Violation - absconded from supervision and whereabouts unknown
- Return to custody
- Transfer to higher security facility
- Transfer to the Department of Correction or House of Correction
- Court ordered release from custody
If you would like to receive more information on our program please contact us at:
The Department of Youth Services
Victim Services Unit
27 Wormwood St. Suite 400
Boston, MA 02210
This program is partially supported by MOVA through the 1984 VOCA grant from OVC, OJP and the U.S. Department of Justice. All services are free.
This information is provided by the Department of Youth Services.