On behalf of the Veterans and staff at the Home, we would like to thank you for your support and generosity. Many of you continue to ask what is needed or if you can be of any assistance to the Home; therefore, we have compiled a Wish List with information.
Here at the Soldiers’ Home in Holyoke we offer family and friends a loving and lasting way to memorialize someone special to them. The Tree of Life and Veterans Memorial Walk provides this opportunity. You can have a special message engraved on a Tree of Life Gold Leaf or Gold Stone and/or a patio paver on the Veterans Memorial Walk.
Wish List Items
Adopt a Care Center:
- Veteran Care Center #1 - Any Amount $$$
- Veteran Care Center #2 - Any Amount $$$
- Veteran Care Center #3 - Any Amount $$$
- Veteran Care Center #4 - Any Amount $$$
- Aviary Maintenance Any Amount $$$
- Chapel Fund - Any Amount $$$
- Landscape/Greenhouse/Garden Fund - Any Amount $$$
- Medical Equipment – New Only - Any Amount $$$
- PA System for the Pavilion - Any Amount $$$
- Recreation Fund - Any Amount $$$
- Space Wheelchairs (4) - $2,000.00 Each
- Wood T.V. Table Trays - Any Amount $$$
Personal Comfort Items (no Powder or Used Clothing will be accepted)
- Body Lotion
- Change Purses/Wallets
- Clothes – New Only (All Sizes)
- Cover Cups with Straws
- Crossword & Word Search Books – Large Print
- Cup Holders for Wheelchairs
- Denture Cleaner & Denture Cups
- Emery Boards/Nail Files
- Fanny Packs
- Fixodent/Polident/Efferdent Tablets
- Hairbrushes & Combs
- Large Boxes of Kleenex
- Large Can Spray Deodorant Only
- Mouthwash (Non-alcoholic)
- Nail Clippers
- Non-Skid Slipper Socks
- Plastic Clothes Hangers
- Reading Glasses with Cord
- Shoes, Sneakers & Belts – New Only
- Sweatpants & Sweatshirts – New Only (Color) (M, L, XL, XXL Only)
- Tee Shirts & Underwear – New Only (M, L, XL, XXL Only)
- Tennis Balls
- Wheelchair Bags
- White Cotton Hankies
- White Socks – New Only (No Elastic)
We do not accept items in need of cleaning, repairs or dry cleanable items
- Back Scratchers
- Beano Cards – Large Numbers
- Grill Lighters
- Large Print Books/Magazines/Newspaper Subscriptions
- Long Handle Shoe Horns
- Musical DVD Movies/DVD Videos only
- Old T.V. Program DVD’s
- Paperback Books - (Only recent issues within the past three (3) months/Please call first about Hard Cover)
- Planting Soil/Live Plants/Hanging Pots
- Popcorn Oil (not Vegetable Oil)
- Small CD Players with Earphones
- Small Personal Radios with Headphones
- Sound Choice – Karaoke Sing-Along Music ($25.00 each)
Sponsor's Large Events
- Card Tournaments
- Care Center Entertainers
- Cookout in our Pavilion Area
- Donuts & Coffee Socials
- Holiday Programs
- Las Vegas Nights
- Outdoor Band Concerts
- Pizza Parties
Mornings-Afternoon-Evenings, Sunday through Saturday, What is Best For You
- Assist with Meal Times
- Assist with Veteran Activities
- Chapel Escorts
- Help in the Library
- One-on-One Visits with Veterans
- Taking Veterans for Outside Walks
- Teach Arts & Crafts
- Therapy Escorts
- Tray Setup for Meals
Sponsor Soldiers' Home in Holyoke Newsletter ~ “Flag & Staff” Newsletter is now available on-line at our non-profit organization’s,“Friends of the Soldiers’ Home in Holyoke, Inc.”, website at www.friendsofthesoldiershome.org.
In whatever you may do, you are helping the Home live up to its motto of “Care with Honor and Dignity”. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Margaret Feyre (Recreation Department) at (413) 532-9475 Ext. 532 1260.
This information is provided by the Soldiers' Home in Holyoke.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.