The MassHealth program provides comprehensive health insurance – or help in paying for private health insurance – to more than one million Massachusetts children, families, seniors, and people with disabilities. The mission of MassHealth is “To improve the health outcomes of our diverse members, their families and their communities, by providing access to integrated health care services that sustainably promote health, well-being, independence, and quality of life.” In 2012, the MassHealth leadership team developed a series of strategic goals emphasizing member-focused programs, care integration, program integrity, cost savings, and continued innovation:
MassHealth Strategic Goals
- Deliver a seamless, streamlined, and accessible member experience
- Promote integrated care systems that share accountability for better health, better care, and lower costs
- Shift the balance toward preventative, patient-centered primary care, and community-based services and supports
- Maintain our commitment to careful stewardship of public resources through innovative program integrity initiatives
- Create an internal culture and infrastructure to support our ability to meet the evolving needs of our members and partners
Currently underway at MassHealth are many important initiatives addressing these strategic goals. You can find additional information about some of those on our website, such as:
- Affordable Coverage Act Implementation
- Health Information Exchange
- Integrating Medicare and Medicaid for Dual Eligible Individuals
- Money Follows the Person
- Primary Care Payment Reform Initiative
- Electronic Health Records
Where to Start
If you would like to find out more about MassHealth programs and services, you may wish to start with one of the following pages:
If you can’t find the information you need, the “Contact Us” page can tell you whom to call to answer your particular question. If you are a provider who would like to contact us, click here. If you are a dental provider, click here.
At MassHealth, we are committed to providing not only high-quality health care, but also excellent customer service to both members and providers. We hope you will spend some time exploring the site, and learning more about how MassHealth can help you.
This information is provided by MassHealth.