The Massachusetts Commission for the Blind (MCB) Vending Facilities Program prepares individuals who are legally blind for a challenging and rewarding career in concession management.
The Vending Facilities Program operates under the federal Randolph Sheppard Act, and is funded through the Vocational Rehabilitation Program.
Vending Facilities are located in federal and state buildings. Currently, the majority are in Boston and the surrounding area.
Federal Requirements for Eligibility
- Must be legally blind
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a United States citizen
Types of Locations
- Snack bars/Coffee Shops
- Referral from MCB Rehabilitation Counselor
- Informational Meeting
- Classroom and On the Job Training
- Selection for an available location is based on seniority and requisite ability
- Customer Service and Cashiering
- Ordering, Stocking, Merchandising and Marketing of products
- Food Preparation
- MA State Lottery
- Financial Management
- Daily operation of the vending location
- Customer Service
- Purchasing, Merchandising and Marketing
- Maintaining and repairing equipment
- Employee hiring and training
- Financial management
- Accept referrals and assess potential candidates for the program
- Provide training in all areas of the Vending Program
- Provide equipment and initial inventory for each location
- Evaluate each vendor and location for compliance with federal and state regulations and all applicable laws
Contact your Rehabilitation Counselor to see if this program would be right for you.
Massachusetts Commission for the Blind
600 Washington Street
Boston, MA 02111
617-727-5550 or 800-392-6450
This information is provided by the Massachusetts Commission for the Blind.