We anticipate receiving sponsorship requests related to a wide range of events occurring all across Massachusetts, including support group meetings, trainings, conferences, conventions, cultural advancement events, and fundraisers. We encourage and welcome applications for support, and at the same time we caution that the amount of funding available for this purpose is limited.
- For estimation purposes, interpreters range in cost from $35 - $70/hour; additional charges may be added for mileage, parking and travel time.
- CART services range from $225 to $300 for the first two hours or any part thereof; $75 to $100 per hour; additional charges for provision of projection equipment and provision of ASCII file. Additional charges may be added for mileage, parking and travel time.
The Communication Access for Community Events Grant Application form can be found below, and can be downloaded and submitted electronically, in hard copy, or by fax along with a cover letter to the Commissioner with a full explanation of the event, date, and collaboration plans.
- Community Based Event benefits Deaf and Hard of Hearing individuals through one or more of the following categories:
- Economic Participation
- Living Independently
- Community Events/Workshops
- Linguistic and Cultural Diversity
- Communication Access/Reduce Financial Burden
- Event location is in Massachusetts
- Evidence of collaboration
- Evidence of cost sharing and funding partnerships
- Preference will be given to non-profits or organizations who demonstrate financial need.
This information is provided by the Massachusetts Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.