- The term Assistive Listening Systems (ALS) is a generic description of several different technologies that basically all do the same thing, more...
- Issues of concern to deaf, hard of hearing and late deafened people in the coming conversion to digital television broadcasts.
- The ADA defines a service dog as any guide dog, signal dog, or other animal trained to provide assistance to an individual with a disability.
- A list of approaches to fire and carbon monoxide alerting for persons with hearing loss.
- Useful information to consumers who are "new" to hearing loss and who are bewildered by the profusion of hearing aids and the claims and counterclaims made for and against them.
- A cochlear implant is a prosthetic device that may enable a severely hard of hearing or profoundly deaf individual to experience useful hearing.
- Captions are specifically designed for deaf and hard-of-hearing people to view words on a television screen.
- A TTY is also known as a TDD (Telecommunications Device for the Deaf).
- Helpful resources to persons who are looking for information on assistive technology.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.