MRC is made up of three main multiple service divisions. View our new brochure in eight languages. MRC Consumer Brochure of Services
Vocational Rehabilitation Division (VR)
The Vocational Rehabilitation Program assists people who have a disabling condition who would like to find or return to work. VR also works closely with employers in the community to help create job openings and to help increase employer awareness regarding the benefits of diversity in the workplace.
Community Living Division (CL)
Community Living (CL) offers:
- Community Based Services for individuals with an acquired/traumatic head injury
- Protective Services for persons with physical disabilities who may be abused by their caregiver
- Supported Living Services for persons with disabilities needing assistance to live independently at home
- Independent Living Center Services providing information, referral, skills training, advocacy and peer counseling for persons with disabilities to live independently in the community
- Independent Living Programs for individuals turning 22
- Assistive Technology Program to enable individuals with severe disabilities equal access to employment and community life through the use of assistive technology and training.
- Home Care assistance for persons with disabilities ages 18 - 59.
- Consumer Involvement to improve the Commission's services by working cooperatively with members of the disability community on projects of mutual interest.
- Acquired Brain Injury Waivers View the Brochure and Application for the waivers
- Money Follows the Person and Home and Community Based Waivers
Disability Determination Services (DDS)
Disability Determination Services (DDS) is funded by the Social Security Administration (SSA) and determines the initial and continued eligibility for federal Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits. Special outreach efforts are made to homeless shelters and individuals with HIV.
There is a lot more to our agency than outlined above! Please continue your visit to find out about the many other programs the MRC offers. Almost every family in the Commonwealth has at least one person who might benefit from MRC services...especially if that individual is an employer looking to hire qualified workers.
The MRC can be contacted in a variety of ways:
- Vocational Rehabilitation has 25 Area Offices administered by three regional offices.
- Supported Employment Services is also part of the VR services and is located at the MRC Administrative Office in Boston.
- Community Living has numerous services including contracted services with eleven Independent Living Centers across the Commonwealth.
- Disability Determination Services has two locations: Worcester and Boston.
This information is provided by the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission.