- Partnerships between refugee providers and local public school districts to collaboratively design, implement and evaluate programs and services which effectively address the needs of refugee children and their families.
- Support for local public school districts to develop programs targeted specifically to refugee children in middle and high schools.
- Assistance to refugee children to achieve academic success and to promote full integration through English Language Learning (ELL) support.
- After-school and summer programs to promote academic success, high school completion, cultural enrichment and integration of refugee students at the middle and high school level.
- Enhancement of parent involvement in the education of their children through parent liaison, outreach and education.
- Support for culturally appropriate and linguistically accessible school programs and services through the provision of interpreters, bilingual/bicultural aides and tutors.
RSI program is provided in six school districts of Massachusetts experiencing a high influx of refugees, including Lynn, Springfield, West Springfield, Westfield, Worcester, and Lowell through the following agencies:
- Jewish Family Services of Western MA (Springfield)
- Lowell Public Schools (Lowell)
- Lutheran Social Services (Worcester)
- Russian Community Association of Massachusetts (Lynn)
- Westfield Public Schools (Westfield)
- West Springfield Public Schools (West Springfield)
This information is provided by the Office for Refugees and Immigrants.