i-FamilyNet is changing to allow provider agencies to manage i-FamilyNet user roles in combination with a single Virtual Gateway role. This page is designed to give you help materials and video tutorial to manage this change.
- iFamilyNet Security Changes Overview
This presentation will provide with you with an overview of the changes.
- Role Guide
This document will explain the how to provision roles in i-FamilyNet if based on your knowledge of old Virtual Gateway roles.
- i-FamilyNet User Management Tutorial
file size 1MB
This presentation will walk you through multiple administration screens of i-FamilyNet.
- E-learning video: A YouTube video tutorial for System administrators.
The Virtual Gateway security infrastructure is changing and i-FamilyNet is utilizing this opportunity to simplify the process of user configuration. The highlights of the change are the elimination of multiple roles in the User Request Form (URF) used by DCF providers and better autonomy for providers to configure their users.
What is the change?
User Request Form:
Current Process: The User Request Form requires Virtual Gateway Access administrators to select a role based on the work role of the user.
New Process: The User Request Form will have only one role. This role is called STARS PROVIDER USER and should be selected for all provider i-FamilyNet users regardless of the work role of the user
Admin ‘TAB’ of i-FamilyNet:
- Additional roles are introduced to address the elimination of roles in User Request Form. These roles will determine the tabs for user in i-FamilyNet
- Rarely used were incorporated into other roles to streamline the process and promote ease of use.
- Multiple roles (if appropriate) can be attached to the same user.
- ‘Admin’ user interface is redesigned to work with above changes.
This information is provided by the Department of Children and Families.