Notice of Proposed Amendment of Regulations
Notice is hereby given that the Department of Children and Families proposes to amend its Fair Hearing and Grievance regulations 110 CMR 10.00 under the authority of G.L. c. 18B §§ 3 and 7 and G.L. c. 119 §37, and pursuant to M.G.L. c. 30A, §3.
The proposed amendments include:
- Modifying the time frames for scheduling and completing fair hearings
- Revising the right to a fair hearing for foster, pre-adoptive parents, guardians and young adults based on state and federal law changes
- Adding an expedited hearing process for certain cases
- Revising the process for the Commissioner’s review of reversals of an agency decision to be more transparent
- Changing the time frames from calendar days to business days
- Eliminates unnecessary steps in the fair hearing process
- Clarifies evidentiary procedures
All persons desiring to submit data, views or arguments concerning this proposed action shall file the same with Andrew T. Rome, Deputy General Counsel, Department of Children and Families, 600 Washington Street, 6th Floor, Boston, MA 02111 on or before March 8, 2013.
All persons desiring to review the current draft of the proposed amendments may find a copy at www.Mass.Gov/dcf or may request a copy in writing or in person from Office of the General Counsel, Department of Children and Families, 600 Washington Street, 6th Floor, Boston MA 02111, or by EMAIL at Andrew.Rome@state.ma.us, or by calling (617) 748-2020.
By order of the Department of Children and Families
Proposed Amendment of Regulation
This information is provided by the Department of Children and Families.