DATE ISSUED: February 22, 1999
EFFECTIVE DATE: February 22, 1999
The Department of Mental Retardation has established the following policy:
- There shall be no discrimination on the basis of disability;
- Disabled persons shall be included in all aspects of the agency's affirmative action program;
- All decisions regarding personnel policies and practices shall be based on a disabled person's ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations;
- All applicants and employees will be given consideration for any reasonable accommodation request at any time;
- Neither the act of voluntary self-identification nor the absence of self-identification will subject the employee or applicant to any adverse treatment;
- Attached is the list of disabilities for which an applicant/employee may voluntarily self-identify for affirmative action purposes.
The Department of Mental Retardation is committed to a full policy of affirmative action and equal employment for disabled persons.
This information is provided by the Department of Developmental Services.