DATE ISSUED: February 22, 1999
EFFECTIVE DATE: February 22, 1999
The Department of Mental Retardation has established the following policy:
- There shall be no discrimination on the basis of disability;
- Disabled persons shall be included in all aspects of the agency's affirmative action program;
- All decisions regarding personnel policies and practices shall be based on a disabled person's ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations;
- All applicants and employees will be given consideration for any reasonable accommodation request at any time;
- Neither the act of voluntary self-identification nor the absence of self-identification will subject the employee or applicant to any adverse treatment;
- Attached is the list of disabilities for which an applicant/employee may voluntarily self-identify for affirmative action purposes.
The Department of Mental Retardation is committed to a full policy of affirmative action and equal employment for disabled persons.
This information is provided by the Department of Developmental Services.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.