The Chronic Disease and Rehabilitation Inpatient Hospital Manual contains the regulations and billing instructions for providers of chronic disease and rehabilitation inpatient hospital services. Chronic disease and rehabilitation hospitals should also refer to the RFA (Request for Application) signed by the hospital for the current rate year for additional requirements. Chronic disease and rehabilitation outpatient hospitals should refer to the Chronic Disease and Rehabilitation Outpatient Hospital Manual.
Each part of the Chronic Disease and Rehabilitation Inpatient Hospital Manual is listed below from beginning to end. You can print each part separately (or any individual pages) or print all parts for a complete manual.
Table of Contents
- Table of contents pages i, ii, ii-a, and iii appear at the beginning of Subchapter 1 below.
- Table of contents page iv appears at the beginning of Subchapter 4 below.
- Table of contents page v (PDF)
- Table of contents page vi (PDF)
Subchapters 1 through 3: Administrative and Billing Regulations
- Administrative and Billing Regulations (apply to all providers) (PDF) file size 1MB file size 1MB
Chronic Disease and Rehabilitation Inpatient Hospital Program Billing Instructions for paper billing. For instructions for electronic billing, refer to the MassHealth Companion Guides. For instructions for billing MassHealth using paper claim forms refer to MassHealth Billing Guides for Paper Claim Submitters.
The Chronic Disease and Rehabilitation Inpatient Hospital Program Billing Instructions are divided into seven parts.
- Part 1. Eligibility (PDF)
- Part 2. Prior Authorization (PDF)
- Part 3. Billing MassHealth (PDF)
- Part 4. Required Forms and Other Documentation (PDF)
- Part 5. Claim Status and Payment (PDF)
- Part 6. Claim Status and Correction (PDF)
- Part 7. Other Insurance (PDF)
This information is provided by MassHealth.