Beginning on January 1, 2014, MAXIMUS’ MassHealth Customer Service Center (CSC) will assume direct responsibility for MassHealth Provider Enrollment & Credentialing (PEC), Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), and Provider Relations (including Provider Outreach & Training). With this transition, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Services (HPES) will no longer provide subcontract services to support these functions.
Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS) and CSC workgroups have met over the last six months to streamline the transition and minimize impact to the provider community.
What will change for Providers?
- Some MassHealth Customer Service Center staff/positions and their direct contact information will change.
- There will be new post office boxes for submitting paper claims, provider applications and updates.
Starting on January 2, 2014, please use the following address to submit applications for new enrollment, file updates, or correspondence:
MassHealth Customer Service
Attn: Provider Enrollment and Credentialing
P.O. Box 9162
Canton, MA 02021
To ensure a smooth transition, CSC will keep the existing Hingham P.O. boxes through May 31, 2014. Beginning June 1, 2014, only the new P.O. box will accept mail.
For providers who are authorized to submit paper claims, the P.O. box for paper claims will also change. Providers who have requested and received authorization to submit paper claims will receive a letter in early December informing them of the new P.O. box.
Paper Prior Authorizations
Effective immediately, providers should send PA-1 request forms to:
Attn: Prior Authorization
100 Hancock Street, 6th Floor
Quincy, MA 02171
What will remain the same?
- Application and provider file update processing, provider outreach and training, EDI assistance, provider call center, and claims processing will not change.
- The MassHealth Customer Service Center’s main phone number will continue to be 1-800-841-2900.
- The Provider Support mailbox will continue to be firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The EDI support mailbox will continue to be email@example.com.
On December 16, 2013, through December 31, 2013, CSC will finalize the transition of functions from HPES. During this two-week period, there may be some delay in the processing of Provider enrollments and credentialing, updates, paper claims data entry, voids and 90-day waivers in order to complete the transition.
To provide continued and frequent updates about the transition, CSC has developed a detailed communication plan. We will use a variety of existing communication vehicles throughout the duration. Some examples include
If you have any questions during this transition, please contact MassHealth Customer Service Center at 1-800-841-2900, or at firstname.lastname@example.org