- ICD-10 Changes to CMS-1500 Billing Guide
- CMS-1500 Billing Guide
- UB-04 Billing Guide file size 1MB file size 1MB
- Residential Care Home Billing Guide for the UB-04
- EPSDT & PPHSD Billing Guidelines for MassHealth Physicians and Mid-Level Providers (PDF)
- Legacy MMIS Edit Code Explanations (PDF)
To support providers who continue to handle and process legacy MassHealth claims, this legacy edit code list will remain on the MassHealth Web site for a while. Please note that these denial codes reflect only legacy MMIS denials.
- List of Explanation of Benefit Codes Appearing on the Remittance Advice (PDF)
These are EOB codes, revised for NewMMIS, that may appear on your PDF remittance advice. This list was formerly published as Part 6 of the administrative and billing instructions in Subchapter 5 of your MassHealth provider manual. It has now been removed from the provider manuals and is being posted as a freestanding document. For more information on how to correct a claim, see the revised Part 6 of the administrative and billing instructions. The MassHealth provider manuals are available in the Provider Library of the MassHealth Web site.
- NewMMIS Billing Tips (PDF)
- NewMMIS Billing Tips for Acute Inpatient Hospitals (PDF)
- NewMMIS Billing Tips for Chronic Disease and Rehabilitation Inpatient Hospitals (PDF) | TEXT
- POPS Billing Guide (PDF)
- Remittance Advice for Paper Claims and Electronic Equivalents (PDF) file size 1MB
- Residential Care Home Guide to the Remittance Advice for Paper Claims and Equivalents (PDF)
- Special Instructions for Submitting Claims on the CMS-1500 for Members with Commercial Insurance (PDF)
- Special Instructions for Submitting Claims on the CMS-1500 for Members with Medicare Coverage (PDF)
- Special Instructions for Submitting Claims on the UB-04 for Members with Other Health Insurance (PDF)
Forms That Have Been Created or Revised for Use in NewMMIS
- Preadmission Screening Form (Acute) [PAS-A] (PDF)
- Preadmission Screening Form (Chronic Rehab) [PAS-CR] (PDF)
- Prior Authorization Request [PA-1] (PDF)
- Request for MassHealth Forms [RMF] (PDF)
- Status Change for Members in a Nursing Facility or Chronic Disease and Rehabilitation Inpatient Hospital [SC-1] (PDF)
- Status Change for Residents in a Rest Home [SC-1-RH] Form (PDF)
- Sterilization Consent Form Ages 18-20 [CS-18] (PDF)
- Sterilization Consent Form Ages 18-20 - Spanish [CS-18S] (PDF)
- Sterilization Consent Form Ages 21 and Older [CS-21] (PDF)
- Sterilization Consent Form Ages 21 and Older - Spanish [CS-21S] (PDF)
- Void Request Form [VR-1] (PDF)
Healthcare Transactions Services-System-to-System Testing
If you currently submit batch transactions directly to MassHealth (270/271, 276/277, 820, 834, 835, 837) and are interested in submitting batch transactions to NewMMIS via the automated Healthcare Transactions Services (HTS) method (that is, system-to-system), please contact MassHealth Customer Service.
The NewMMIS HealthCare Transaction Services (HTS) Developers' Guide has been updated. Use this document to quickly view the latest updates to the guide. These revisions are also summarized in the developers' guide itself.
MassHealth Customer Service
- Automated Voice Response (AVR) User Guide (PDF)
- AVR Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
- Letter from the Medicaid Director to Providers about NewMMIS (PDF)
- New MassHealth Card Insert (PDF)
Transmittal Letters about NewMMIS
- ALL-169: Revised Part 6 of the Administrative and Billing Instructions (PDF)
- ALL-168: Revised Appendix C (PDF)
- ALL-167: Revised Appendix Y (PDF)
- ALL-166: Revised Appendix A (PDF)
- ALL-165: Administrative and Billing Instructions (PDF)
- AIH-45: Revised Appendix E (PDF)
- AIH-44: New Appendix D (PDF)
- AOH-22: Revised Appendix F (PDF)
- AOH-21: Appendix D (PDF)
- CDR-24: New Appendix D (PDF)
- CHC-84: Appendix E (PDF)
- DEN-82: Appendix G (PDF)
- HHA-42: New Appendix D (PDF)
- NF-54: New Appendix G (PDF)
- NF-53: Appendices D and E (PDF)
- PHY-126: Appendix I (PDF)
- PIH-17: New Appendix D (PDF)
- POD-62: Appendix E (PDF)
- STR-16: Appendix E (PDF)
This information is provided by MassHealth
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.