Important Information – MassHealth proprietary EVSpc and EVScall Software Is No Longer Available for Download
Reminder - MassHealth will terminate the use of its proprietary Eligibility Verification Software (EVSpc\EVScall) on February 28, 2015, and will not provide support for the software tool after that date. Any transaction submitted to MassHealth via the EVSpc or EVScall software after that date will be rejected. In order to facilitate the termination of the tool the proprietary software has been removed from the site.
All EVSpc and EVScall functionality will be terminated, including the following.
- Support of information storage capability
- Submission of Health Care Benefit Inquiry & Response (270/271) transactions, via batch or real-time transactions
- Submission of Health Care Claims Status Inquiry & Response (276/277) transactions, via batch or real-time transactions
Please note that the termination of the EVSpc\EVScall software does not impact any of the other options currently available to providers on the POSC or Automated Voice Response (AVR).
The proprietary EVSpc/EVScall software does not currently display key eligibility messages related to MassHealth member’s coverage. It is imperative that providers stop using EVSpc and EVScall immediately and transition to one of the following POSC or other access methods.
- Use Direct Data Entry (DDE)
- Submit a Health Care Benefit Inquiry & Response (270/271) or Health Care Claims Status Inquiry & Response (276/277) batch file transaction in accordance with MassHealth specifications (requires coordination with MassHealth customer service)
- Engage a vendor to generate your Health Care Benefit or Claims Status Inquiry batch files
- Check eligibility by calling the Automated Voice Response (AVR) system at 1-800-554-0042
- Submit and receive batched transactions directly (system to system) via HTS (requires coordination with MassHealth customer service)
The February 28, 2015 date to terminate the use and support of EVSpc and EVScall is fast approaching. Please take time now to make this very important transition. For questions or assistance with transitioning to one of the access methods, please contact the MassHealth Customer Service Center immediately at 1-800-841-2900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.