March 11, 2014
The meeting of the Board of Trustees of Tewksbury Hospital was held on Tuesday, March 11, 2014. Members present were Richard Sheehan, Chairman; Salvatore Ciaccio, Vice Chairman; Dr. Moon Kim, Secretary; and Terrence Downs, Esq. William Dalton was excused. Also present was Debra Tosti, Chief Executive Officer. The meeting opened at 8:00 am.
Minutes of the February, 2014 Meeting
It was moved by T. Downes, seconded by Dr. Kim and
- Voted: to approve the February, 2014 minutes.
Potential New Board Members
A person has expressed interest in becoming a Board Member.
- The budget is looking great.
- Moving ahead with renovations on C-2 and, C-2 offices, etc., will move to A-3.
- Director of Medicine interviews are complete and a candidate chosen, moving forward in the process. This position reports to the Chief Medical Officer.
- Clinical Nurse Psychiatrists (1.5 FTE’s) to be hired (1 FTE in place now) to work on the medical units.
- The Trustees were informed about an incident over the weekend, and the actions taken to mitigate safety to staff and patients.
- R. Sheehan brought forward a concern from a volunteer and the Help Call procedure was explained; there is discussion of implementing a second level to the Help Call.
- T. Downes inquired about the status of the new treatment center making phone numbers available to the police and fire department.
A motion was made by S. Ciaccio, seconded by Dr. Kim and
- Voted: to adjourn the meeting at 8:30 am.
This information is provided by the within the Department of Public Health.