Posted at 11:21 AM, June 1, 2015
Wednesday, June 3, 2014, 10 AM - 12 PM
600 Washington Street, 2nd floor
Boston, MA 02111
- Chairperson’s Report:
- Council composition
- Update from the Business and Labor Committee
- Industry need: 90% of Borehole data is unread. Companies have made sonification software that can create jobs for professionals with blindness/V.I.
- Industry need: Writing as a service and proofreading as a service.
- Industry need: Business networking as a service.( a very new need)
- Update on the Workforce and Innovation Opportunity Act
- Commissioner’s Report
- FY 16 Budget Update
- Preparing for Early Retirement, How do we maintain current levels of service?
- Other updates
- Service Updates
- Program Updates
- Approximately what percent of federal VR funding is currently used to serve those ages 14 through high school graduation?
- If unchanged, would current WIOA regs adversely impact MCB or its consumers?
Next Meeting: Wednesday, September 9, 2015 10 AM – 12 PM
This information is provided by the Massachusetts Commission for the Blind .