Friendly URL: http://www.mass.gov/salaryreserve
February 2013 - Important Notice - FY 13 Salary Reserve Final Reports
The final Salary Reserve allocations reports for the 2013 fiscal year were submitted to the State Legislation, Ways and Means Senate and House Committees, on February 20, 2013.
You will be able to see the full reports below:
Further information will continue to be posted on this web page www.mass.gov/salaryreserve
December 6, 2012 -Important Notice - Provider Allocation Summary
December 6, 2012 – Important Notice - Appeals Process
Reasons for appeal:
- An appeal process is available to organizations that believe they did not receive the Salary Reserve funds to which they are entitled. Though they are rare, there may be instances of a miscalculation on an eligible contract, or contracts that were mistakenly excluded from the Salary Reserve distribution, or situations where an amount received does not match a provider’s own calculations.
Timeline for appeals:
- The appeals period for the 2013 Salary Reserve distribution process will open on December 6, 2012.
- The deadline for receipt of provider appeals is December 13, 2012. Providers are encouraged to submit their appeals as soon as possible in order to expedite the review process.
- To submit an appeal, providers must follow the procedure outline below. EOHHS will review all appeals after December 6. EOHHS will notify providers regarding the outcome of its review of their appeal as soon as possible after December 6. In cases where EOHHS determines that the appeal is valid, an amendment to the provider’s Salary Reserve allocation will be made.
Procedures for appeals:
- Providers wishing to appeal their Salary Reserve allocation need to do so by submitting the Appeal Form below.
- The appeal form may be completed and submitted electronically (via email) to email@example.com
- EOHHS will collect and review all appeals and will determine whether a correction is merited to any Salary Reserve allocation.
- Contracts will be prepared, sent out to providers for signatures and processed for payment.
FY13 Salary Reserve Notice – December 5, 2012
FY13 Salary Reserve Notice – November 6, 2012
The posting of the FY2013 Salary Reserve allocations are delayed. Providers are encouraged to continue to check the salary reserve webpage for further updates.
EOHHS will continue to post FY2013 Salary Reserve updates and schedule changes as available. Thank you.
FY13 Salary Reserve Notice – August 2012
FY13 Conference Budget Salary Reserve Line Item language reads as follows:
1599-6901.......... For a reserve to adjust the wages, compensation or salary and associated employee-related costs to personnel earning less than $40,000 in annual compensation who are employed by private human service providers that deliver human and social services under contracts with departments within the executive office of health and human services and the executive office of elder affairs; provided, that home care workers shall be eligible for funding from this appropriation; provided further, that workers from shelters and programs that serve homeless individuals and families that were previously contracted through the department of transitional assistance and the department of public health currently contracted with the department of housing and community development and direct care workers that serve homeless veterans through the department of veterans affairs shall be eligible for funding from this item; provided further, that the secretary of administration and finance may allocate the funds appropriated in this item to the departments in order to implement this initiative; provided further, that the executive office of health and human services shall condition the expenditure of funds from this item upon assurances that the funds shall be used solely for the purposes of equal percentage adjustments to wages, compensation or salary; provided further, that not later than January 15, 2013, the executive office of health and human services shall submit to the house and senate committees on ways and means a report delineating the number of employees, by job title and average salary, receiving the adjustment in fiscal year 2013 and the average percentage adjustment funded herein; provided further, that the report shall also include, for each contract scheduled to receive an allocation from this item in each such department, the total payroll expenditures in each contract for the categories of personnel scheduled to receive the adjustments; provided further, that no funds from this item shall be allocated to special education programs under chapter 71B of the General Laws, contracts for early education and care services or programs for which payment rates are negotiated and paid as class rates as established by the division of health care finance and policy; provided further, that no funds shall be allocated from this item to contracts funded exclusively by federal grants as delineated in section 2D; provided further, that all raises provided from this salary reserve shall be above and beyond any previously negotiated or agreed upon pay raise; provided further, that the total fiscal year 2013 costs of salary adjustments and any other associated employee costs authorized hereunder shall not exceed $20,000,000; provided further, that the executive office of health and human services shall submit an allocation schedule to the house and senate committees on ways and means not less than 30 days after disbursement of funds; and provided further, that the annualized cost of the adjustments in fiscal year 2014 shall not exceed the amount appropriated in this item........................................................................ $20,000,000
The process will begin on or about September 4, 2012
Providers wishing to apply for these funds must have access to the EOHHS Virtual Gateway (VG) and the Provider Data Management (PDM) business application.
Please visit this site often as there will be regular updates to provide information and instructions on how to gain access to the VG and PDM and on how to apply.
FY2013 Salary Reserve Update – August 6, 2012
In order to be eligible for FY2013 Salary Reserve funds, it is critical that providers adhere to the key dates and timeline outlined below:
- August 6, 2012 – September 4, 2012: Providers needing to gain access to the Virtual Gateway, Provider Data Management System or both must complete and submit all necessary forms (please see the PDM Deployment Checklist document below).
- September 4, 2012 – October 1, 2012: Provider payroll data submission period.
- On Tuesday, September 4, 2012, PDM opens to Providers on the Virtual Gateway for on-line submission of salary reserve-eligible payroll information.
- The deadline is October 1, 2012, for providers to submit on PDM all payroll and salary information required for allocation of the FY13 Salary Reserve funds. Applications will not be accepted for the FY13 Salary Reserve after this date.
- November 5, 2012: Individual provider allocation amounts will be announced on www.mass.gov/salaryreserve
- Appeals process opens on November 5 and closes on November 19: A limited amount of funding will be available to accommodate eligible appeal requests. Appeal forms and instructions will be available on the salary reserve web page.
- November 5 – November 14, 2012: Salary Reserve contracts emailed to providers for signature.
- December 7, 2012: Deadline for receipt of provider’s signed contracts at EOHHS
SALARY RESERVE 2013 TIMELINE
|Tues 09/04/12||PDM is open to human service providers on the EOHHS Virtual Gateway for on-line submission of salary reserve-eligible payroll information|
|Mon 10/01/12||Deadline for submission of provider payroll information into PDM|
|Tues 10/02/12||Provider payroll information pulled from PDM and submitted to EHS|
|Thurs 10/04/12||EHS examines data & prepares to parcel out data to EHS Agencies|
|Fri 10/05/12||EHS/Agencies salary reserve data review and confirmation period Starts|
|Mon 10/22/12||EHS/Agencies salary reserve data review and confirmation period Ends|
|Tues 10/23//12||EOHHS Final data review and allocations calculation Starts|
|Fri 10/26/12||EOHHS Final data review and allocations calculations Ends|
|Tues 10/30/12||Allocation data sent out to EHS Agencies for their info & final review|
|Fri 11/02/12||Allocation amounts approved by EHS Agencies|
|Mon 11/05/12||Notice to providers on amounts allocated: Information posted on salary reserve webpage|
|Mon 11/05/12||Allocation appeal process opens for providers who wish to dispute their allocation. Appeal Form and instructions to appeal available on-line.|
|Mon 11/05/12 – Wed 11/14/12||Salary reserve contracts prepared and emailed to Providers for their signature|
|Mon 11/19/12||Appeals period closes, all allocations are final and amendments completed|
|Fri 12/07/12||Deadline for Providers mailing back signed contracts to EOHHS|
|Fri 12/21/12||First scheduled payments to providers – Pending ANF approval -|
|Tues 1/15/13||EOHHS submits allocation report to Legislature and post on the webpage www.mass.gov/salaryreserve|
Salary Reserve Virtual Gateway and Provider Data Management System
Providers wishing to apply for these funds must have access to the EOHHS Virtual Gateway (VG) and the Provider Data Management (PDM) business application. Below is the EOHHS Salary Reserve Deployment Checklist to inform applicants of critical information necessary to gain access to or to update information on VG and PDM. The VG and PDM forms that are referenced in the checklist are also included below. The deadline for submission of the necessary forms is September 4, 2012.
VG and PDM Checklist
VG and PDM Forms
Please visit this website regularly for Salary Reserve updates. For more information contact the POS Policy Office and Salary Reserve HelpLine at (617) 573-1717 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org