April 2014 - Important Notice - FY14 Salary Reserve Final Reports
The final Salary Reserve allocation reports for the 2014 fiscal year were submitted to the State Legislature, Senate and House Ways and Means Committees on April 24, 2014. You can view the full reports below:
March 4, 2014 - - Provider Allocation Summary
March 4, 2014 – Important Notice - Appeals Process
Reasons for appeal:
- An appeal process is available to organizations that believe they did not receive the Salary Reserve funds to which they are entitled. Though they are rare, there may be instances of a miscalculation on an eligible contract, or contracts that were mistakenly excluded from the Salary Reserve distribution, or situations where an amount received does not match a provider’s own calculations. The appeal option is not available for contracts that were not submitted during the application period.
Timeline for appeals:
- The appeals period for the 2014 Salary Reserve distribution process will open on March 4 and close on March 12, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. Providers are encouraged to submit their appeals as soon as possible in order to expedite the review process.
- To submit an appeal, providers must follow the procedures outline below. EOHHS will notify providers regarding the outcome of its review of their appeal by email. In cases where EOHHS determines that the appeal is valid, an amendment to the provider’s Salary Reserve FY14 salary reserve contract will be made.
Procedures for appeals:
- Providers wishing to appeal their Salary Reserve allocation need to do so by submitting the Appeal Form below.
- The appeal form may be completed and submitted electronically (via email) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EOHHS will collect and review all appeals and will determine whether a correction is merited to any Salary Reserve allocation.
- Revised contracts will be prepared, sent out to providers for signatures and processed for payment.
- FY14 Salary Reserve Appeals Form
FY14 Salary Reserve Notice – December 2013
SECTION 145: Section 155 of chapter 139 of the acts of 2012 is hereby amended by striking out subsection (a) and inserting in place thereof the following subsection: (a) Notwithstanding any general or special law to the contrary, after certifying the amount of consolidated net surplus in the budgetary funds at the close of the preceding fiscal year under section 5C of chapter 29 of the General Laws, the comptroller shall dispose of the consolidated net surplus in the budgetary funds for fiscal year 2013 in the following order to the extent that funds are available: … (v) $11,500,000 to private human and social services providers for a one time rate reserve payment; provided, however, that item 1599-6901 of section 2 of chapter 139 of the acts of 2012 shall remain in effect in fiscal year 2014;
Section 2 of Chapter 139 of the Acts of 2012: FY13 Salary Reserve Language
1599-6901 For a reserve to adjust the wages, compensation or salary and associated employee-related costs to personnel earning less than $40,000 in annual compensation who are employed by private human service providers that deliver human and social services under contracts with departments within the executive office of health and human services and the executive office of elder affairs; provided, that home care workers shall be eligible for funding from this appropriation; provided further, that workers from shelters and programs that serve homeless individuals and families that were previously contracted through the department of transitional assistance and the department of public health currently contracted with the department of housing and community development and direct care workers that serve homeless veterans through the department of veterans affairs shall be eligible for funding from this item; provided further, that the secretary of administration and finance may allocate the funds appropriated in this item to the departments in order to implement this initiative; provided further, that the executive office of health and human services shall condition the expenditure of funds from this item upon assurances that the funds shall be used solely for the purposes of equal percentage adjustments to wages, compensation or salary; provided further, that not later than January 15, 2013, the executive office of health and human services shall submit to the house and senate committees on ways and means a report delineating the number of employees, by job title and average salary, receiving the adjustment in fiscal year 2013 and the average percentage adjustment funded herein; provided further, that the report shall also include, for each contract scheduled to receive an allocation from this item in each such department, the total payroll expenditures in each contract for the categories of personnel scheduled to receive the adjustments; provided further, that no funds from this item shall be allocated to special education programs under chapter 71B of the General Laws, contracts for early education and care services or programs for which payment rates are negotiated and paid as class rates as established by the division of health care finance and policy; provided further, that no funds shall be allocated from this item to contracts funded exclusively by federal grants as delineated in section 2D; provided further, that all raises provided from this salary reserve shall be above and beyond any previously negotiated or agreed upon pay raise; provided further, that the total fiscal year 2013 costs of salary adjustments and any other associated employee costs authorized hereunder shall not exceed $20,000,000; provided further, that the executive office of health and human services shall submit an allocation schedule to the house and senate committees on ways and means not less than 30 days after disbursement of funds; and provided further, that the annualized cost of the adjustments in fiscal year 2014 shall not exceed the amount appropriated in this item
The FY 2014 salary reserve application process will begin on or December 16, 2013.
Providers wishing to apply for these funds must have access to the EOHHS Virtual Gateway (VG) and the Provider Data Management (PDM) business application.
FY2014 Salary Reserve Update – December 2013
In order to be eligible for FY2014 Salary Reserve funds, it is critical that providers adhere to the key dates and timeline outlined below:
- Providers needing to gain access to the Virtual Gateway and/or the Provider Data Management System must complete and submit all necessary forms (please see the PDM Deployment Checklist document below) by January 7, 2014
- December 16, 2013 – January 14, 2014: Provider payroll data submission period.
- On Monday December 16, 2013, PDM opens to Providers on the Virtual Gateway for on-line submission of salary reserve-eligible payroll information.
- The deadline is January 14, 2014, for providers to submit on PDM all payroll and salary information required for allocation of the FY14 Salary Reserve funds. Applications will not be accepted for the FY14 Salary Reserve after this date.
- March 4, 2014: Individual provider allocation amounts will be announced on www.mass.gov/salaryreserve
- Appeals process opens on March 4, 2014 – March 12, 2014: A limited amount of funding will be available to accommodate eligible appeal requests. Appeal forms and instructions will be available on the salary reserve web page.
- March 4, 2014 – March 7, 2014: Salary Reserve contracts emailed to providers for signature.
- March 17, 2014: Deadline for receipt of provider’s signed contracts at EOHHS
SALARY RESERVE 2014 TIMELINE
|PDM is open to human service providers on the EOHHS Virtual Gateway for on-line submission of salary reserve-eligible payroll information.|
|Deadline for the VG and PDM forms to be submitted to change the PDM Data Entry Administrator.|
|Deadline for submission of provider payroll information into PDM.|
4 weeks (January-February)
|Salary reserve submissions pulled and data provided to EHS by IT. Data distributed to Agencies to review and confirm data submissions.|
(Mid to late Feb)
|EOHHS calculates allocations and sends to EHS Agencies for final review.|
|Notice to providers on amounts allocated: Information posted on salary reserve webpage.|
|Allocation appeal process opens for providers who wish to dispute their allocation. Appeal Form and instructions available on the salary reserve web page|
Tuesday 3/4/14-Friday 3/7/2014
|Salary reserve contracts prepared and emailed to Providers for their signature.|
|Appeals period closes, all allocations are final and amendments completed.|
|Deadline for Providers mailing back signed contracts to EOHHS.|
Week of 3/31/14
|First scheduled payments to providers – Pending ANF approval.|
|EOHHS submits allocation report to Legislature and posts on the webpage www.mass.gov/salaryreserve|
Salary Reserve Virtual Gateway and Provider Data Management System
Providers wishing to apply for these funds must have access to the EOHHS Virtual Gateway (VG) and the Provider Data Management (PDM) business application. Below is the EOHHS PDM Deployment Checklist to inform applicants of critical information necessary to gain access to or to update information on VG and PDM. The VG and PDM forms that are referenced in the checklist are also included below. The deadline for submission of the necessary forms is January 7, 2014.
VG and PDM Checklist
VG and PDM Forms
- VG Services Agreement
- Access Administrator Designation Form file size 2MB
- PDM User Request Form file size 1MB
This information is provided by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services.