Epidemiologists at the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH) provide data-driven program planning, project implementation, program evaluation, and data-collection and analysis in order to further the success of the Division of Prevention and Wellness.
Understanding the Needs
MDPH epidemiologists work closely with program staff to identify:
- Data resources
- The burden of heart disease and stroke
- Disparate populations to be served
MDPH epidemiologists offer technical expertise:
- To assist MDPH initiatives with information synthesis and dissemination
- To prepare reports, abstracts, posters, burden documents, fact sheets, and presentations
- On formative research to inform media campaigns, programmatic direction, and strategic planning
Program Monitoring and Evaluation
Evaluation is essential to enhance efficiency and to promote our accomplishments. MDPH epidemiologists:
- Assist programs with grant applications to CDC and other federal funders by providing them with relevant data and program evaluation plans
- Provide guidance and leadership to MDPH initiatives regarding the development of process evaluation
- Work with program staff to understand how we evaluate MDPH programs and processes
- Develop logic models to highlight work-plan activities, resources, deliverables, and timelines
- Collect monitoring and evaluation data
- Train partners in the use of data collection tools, and familiarize them with data sources
- Use monitoring and evaluation data for service provision/project/program's feedback and quality improvement
- Assist program and provider staff with interpretation to increase knowledge and understanding of evaluation results
- Prepare evaluation reports
Responding to Data Requests
MDPH epidemiologists can:
- Use mapping software and other tools to present data in interesting and unique ways
- Perform custom data requests for internal and external stakeholders
- Assist external stakeholders with grant applications by providing them with pertinent and timely data
- Provide additional technical expertise to internal and external stakeholders as needed
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.