FAQs, Recommendations, Alerts
- Control of Influenza and Pneumococcal Disease in Long-Term Care Facilities
- MDPH 2012-2013 Recommendations and Resources for the Control of Influenza
- 2014-2015 Flu Season ACIP Recommendations: Prevention and Control of Influenza with Vaccines
- 2010 ACIP Statement: Prevention and Control of Influenza with Vaccines
- Seasonal Flu Vaccination Resources for Health Professionals (CDC)
- Strategies for Increasing Adult Immunization Rates (CDC)
- Guidelines for Compliance with State and Federal Requirements (RTF)
- Influenza Vaccination of Health-Care Personnel, Recommendations of the HICPAC and ACIP (PDF)
- Flu Vaccine Safety Summary for Clinicians (CDC)
Planning Clinics and Campaigns
- Flu Vaccine for Everyone: Reaching and Engaging Diverse Communities file size 3MB
file size 7MB
- ¡Vacuna contra la gripe para todos file size 2MB file size 5MB
- Vaccine Reimbursement Program for Public Providers
- CDC Guidelines for Large-Scale Influenza Vaccination Clinic Planning
- Best Practices (PDF)
- Screening Questionnaire for Inactivated Injectable Influenza Vaccination (PDF)
- Screening Questionnaire for Live Attenuated Intranasal Influenza Vaccination (PDF)
Vaccine Dosage and Administration
- Package Inserts for Influenza Vaccines
- Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS)
- Quick Guide to Dosage, Administration and Storage (CDC)
Model Standing Orders
- Standing Orders for Inactivated Influenza Vaccine (TIV) (PDF)
- Standing Orders for Live, Attenuated Influenza Vaccine (LAIV) (PDF)
- General Protocols for Vaccine Storage, Administration Standing Orders and Mass Immunization Clinics (PDF)
- Emergency Treatment for Vaccine Reactions (Model Standing Orders) (PDF)
- Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine 23-Valent (PPSV23) (PDF)
Vaccine Information Statements (VIS), Screening Forms, and Consent Forms
- Vaccine Information Statement for LAIV
- Vaccine Information Statement for TIV
- Screening Forms in English and Spanish
- MDPH - Immunization Clinic Vaccine Administration Record (PDF)
- MDPH - Sample Provider Notification Letter (RTF)
- Sample Influenza Vaccine Declination Form (PDF)
- Directions for Screening, Consent and Permission Forms
- Withdrawal of Permission - Sample Form for Schools
- Flu Consent and Screening Combined
- Flu Consent LAIV
- Flu Consent TIV
Storage and Handling
Four MDPH educational webinars covering topics related to Vaccinator training are now available at the New England Alliance for Workforce Development website: http://sph.bu.edu/otlt/alliance/training_vaccineseries.php
- Vaccine and Medication Preparation and Administration
Speaker: Marie Regis, RN, DNP
- Planning a Clinic or EDS in Response to Infectious Disease, Emergency or Other Disaster
Speaker: Katie Reilly, RN, MPH
- All Staff Briefing and Just-In-Time Clinic Training
Speaker: Barbara Coughlin, RN
- Vaccine Management, Storage and Handling
Speaker: Bob Morrison
For up-to-date information for health care providers, please call the MDPH Division of Epidemiology and Immunization at 617-983-6800 or toll free at 888-658-2850.
This information is provided by within the Department of Public Health.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.