Mobility management is a customer-focused approach to connecting riders with transportation services so that seniors, people with disabilities, low-income workers, and youth can access the trips they need to get to jobs, services, and community life.
What is a Mobility Manager?
Mobility managers help people get where they need to go, using all transportation resources in a community. Mobility managers:
- Are knowledgeable about a variety of transportation services in the area
- Help individuals plan trips and arrange rides
- May also work with transportation providers to help them meet riders’ needs and encourage them to coordinate with each other
- Advocate to policymakers on the importance of community transportation, mobility, and access
- Find transportation resources near you
- Coordinate community transportation
- Transportation directories, service inventories, and trip planners
- Key terminology
- Funding opportunities
- Mobility manager job descriptions
MassMobility is an initiative to increase mobility for seniors, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who lack transportation access in Massachusetts. We help build the capacity of the Massachusetts community transportation network by raising awareness of existing services, fostering collaboration among programs, and sharing best practices.
This information is provided by EOHHS Human Service Transportation Office.