MassHealth members with temporary MassHealth coverage, including temporary MassHealth Limited, may need to submit a new application as early as January 15, 2015, in order to avoid any gaps in coverage. During the Open Enrollment period those with temporary MassHealth coverage must submit a new application. You can find additional helpful information on this website.
Information about Open Enrollment
The Open Enrollment period runs from November 15, 2014 – February 15, 2015. MassHealth will be sending notices between November 15th and December 20th to impacted individuals. Below is a link to a resource guide that explains Open Enrollment and when individuals will receive notices.
How will I know if my Patient has Temporary MassHealth Coverage?
Individuals with temporary MassHealth coverage will have an Eligibility Verification System (EVS) message associated with their accounts. This EVS message will be available in Appendix Y and state:
- “This member’s temporary benefits are ending soon! They need to submit a new application on or after November 15, 2014 at MAhealthconnector.org.”
- Additional information on the EVS message can be found in the MMIS Notices - Chronological Archive.
How to Apply
Please encourage your patients with temporary MassHealth coverage to submit a new application as soon as possible. Starting on November 15, 2014, the fastest and easiest way to apply for coverage is by visiting MAhealthconnector.org! By applying online, your patients can find out in real time if they are eligible for coverage. The website is available for individuals and those applying for their family. Individuals can simply visit the website and click the Start Your Application link on the homepage.
They do not have to wait for a notice from MassHealth to apply for coverage!
Your patients can find a printable application by clicking the link below. The printable application is available for individuals and those applying for their family. If your patients apply using the printable application, they will have to wait to hear from MassHealth or the Health Connector about their eligibility and coverage.
How to Get Help
If a patient needs help or have questions about applying during this Open Enrollment period, they can find it:
- Online at www.MAhealthconnector.org.
- By phone. Call the MassHealth Customer Service Center at 1-800-841-2900 (TTY: 1-800-497-4648 for people who are deaf, hard of hearing, or speech disabled). You can call Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. if you need help starting the application or if you have questions.
- In person. You can get free in-person help from a Navigator or a Certified Application Counselor. These people have been trained and certified to answer your questions and help you complete your application. For a full list of Navigators and Certified Application Counselors, go to www.mahealthconnector.org/help-center/.
ACA Information for MassHealth Providers
For information about the federal health care reform, go to the National Health Care Reform section of the EOHHS website at www.mass.gov/nationalhealthreform.
- Provider Application Fees
- Information for MassHealth Providers About ACA Program Integrity Provisions
- Section 1202 Rates for Physicians Who Provide Primary Care Services
Information and links on this page are designed specifically to help MassHealth Virtual Gateway (VG) Common Intake users understand the implementation of the National Health Care Reform (Affordable Care Act) and how it impacts them. Please check back often as we continue to update this site.