Any individual that we support who has Medicaid (MassHealth, Commonwealth) and Medicare is considered dually eligible and should be enrolled in one of the 14 Low Income Subsidy (LIS) plans. They are:
- Aetna Medicare Rx Essentials
- First Health Part D Premier
- Health Net Orange Option 1
- Health Spring Prescription Drug Plan - Reg. 2
- Humana PDP Standard 55884-061
- Medco Medicare Prescription Plan Value
- Member Health Community CCRx Basic
- Pennsylvania Life Insurance Company Prescription Pathway Bronze Plan Reg. 2
- Rx America Advantage Star Plan
- Silver Script Insurance Company - Silver Script
- Sterling Life Insurance Company - Sterling Rx
- UnitCare - Medicare Rx Rewards Standard
- UnitCare - Medicare Rx Rewards Value
- WellCare Classic
In most cases, people will remain in their 2007 plan. However, some people will be moved automatically into another plan if their 2007 plan is no longer LIS or available. Some will be moved to a new LIS plan within the same company as their 2007 plan. Others will need to enroll themselves into into a new LIS plan if their 2007 plan is no longer an LIS plan or is no longer available. Enrollment starts November 15 - December 31 and the plan will be effective January 1, 2008.
If an individual receives a blue letter from Medicare (CMS) they will be moved to a new plan automatically.
If an individual receives a tan letter, they need to enroll themselves in a new LIS plan.
- Dually eligible individuals (those with both Medicare and Medicaid) can change their plans as often as they want
- All duals should be in a LIS plan if they want to avoid monthly premiums and have a copy of only $1 or $3.
- If you need any help, contact Sharon Oxx at Sharon.Oxx@state.ma.us or call 617-624-7792.
- If you find that family members of people you support need assistance with their own enrollment they can contact SHINE (Serving Health Information Needs of Elders) Office at: 1-800-243-4636 and press "2"
This information is provided by the Department of Developmental Services.