Downloadable Application Kits for Temporary License
There are four categories of temporary licensure:
- A temporary faculty license is for a physician with a faculty appointment at a medical school in Massachusetts which is affiliated with a hospital, primarily for teaching.
- A temporary license for physician coverage (locum tenens) which allows a physician to substitute for another physician for a period of up to three months.
- A temporary CME license is for a physician to attend a course of medical education in Massachusetts.
- A short term faculty license is for a physician who has a short term faculty appointment at a medical school in Massachusetts which is affiliated with a hospital for a period of 30 days.
A physician applying for a temporary faculty license or a temporary CME license must hold a full license in another state or territory or in the District of Columbia or in another country. A physician applying for a temporary license for physician coverage must hold a full license in another state or territory. A temporary license is not an interim license while a full license is in process or for participating in residency or fellowship training. For a description of license requirements and fees, see Licensing Fees and General Information.
- Temporary License Application Kit
- Application Instructions
- Application Checklist
- Initial Temporary Application
- Temporary Supplement
- Medicare Tax Form
- Authorization for Release
- Medical Education Verification
- Temporary Evaluation
- State License Verification
- Malpractice History Form
- National Practitioner Databank
This information is provided by the Board of Registration in Medicine.