Reporting of occupational injuries and diseases as required by 105 CMR300.180: OHSP collects and analyzes data on occupational injuries and diseases. Below is a list of conditions which health care providers are required to report to OHSP, pursuant to 105 CMR 300.180.
The occupational illness and injury reporting brochure below "Reporting Occupational Diseases and Injuries: The physicians responsibility under state public health law" provides a summary of the regulation.
Reports may be made via telephone or by faxing or mailing the Occupational Illness and Injury Reporting Guidelines and Confidential Reporting Form below.
- Work-related lung diseases
- Chemical pneumonitis
- Beryllium disease
- Serious work-related injuries to persons less than 18 years of age
A serious work-related traumatic injury is defined as an injury which results in death or hospitalization, or, in the judgment of the treating physician, results in, or will result in:
- Significant scarring or disfigurement; OR
- Permanent disability; OR
- Protracted loss of consciousness; OR
- Loss of a body part of bodily function; OR
- Is less significant but similar to injuries sustained by other patients at the same place of employment.
- Work-related acute chemical poisoning
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Pesticide poisoning
- Other acute poisoning
- Work-related heavy metal absorption
- Lead (reported to the Occupational Lead Registry)
- Other heavy metals
- Work-related carpal tunnel syndrome
- Work-related disease outbreaks
Brochures and Forms
- Occupational Illness and Injury Reporting Brochure file size 1MB
- Occupational Illness and Injury Reporting Guidelines and Confidential Reporting Form
Required reporting of sharps injuries as required by 105 CMR 130.1001 et seq.
OHSP also collects and analyzes information regarding percutaneous injuries among healthcare workers providing care in a hospital or satellite unit covered by the hospital's license. The instructions and the Annual Summary for Sharps Injuries are listed below.
- Instructions for MDPH Annual Summary of Sharps Injuries
- Form for Annual Summary of Sharps Injuries, 2010 forward
- Instructions for MDPH Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Incident Recording
- Form for MDPH Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Incident Recording