The Common Intake service makes it easier for both providers and potential clients to apply for services they need. Additionally, submitting applications electronically ensures that client information is complete and accurate. This reduces the amount of time it takes for applications to be processed.
Programs included in Common Intake today include:
- Healthy Start
- Children's Medical Security
- seniors and people needing long-term-care services at home
- Food Stamps
- Emergency Public Housing Assistance
- Women, Infants and Children Nutrition Program
- Women's Health Network
- Child Care
- Selected programs for:
- Individuals who are legally blind
- Individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing
- individuals with cognitive disability
- Veterans seeking inpatient or domiciliary care
- Home care services for elders
- Vocational rehabilitation services
- Services for individuals with mental health needs or who have serious emotional disturbance
Workers in state agencies, hospitals, health centers, homeless shelters, and other community service organizations can all use Common Intake. It is easy to use, and if needed training on how get access to and use Common Intake is available free of charge. If you have questions about how to gain access to Common Intake, contact Virtual Gateway Customer Service at 1-800-421-0938.
This information is provided by the Virtual Gateway within Health and Human Services.