"Common Intake" is an online tool that registered providers can use to submit a single application on behalf of clients for multiple programs and services. The Common Intake service collects a basic set of information and then creates electronic applications for the requested programs and services. Before Common Intake was available, individuals applying for services were required to complete separate paper applications for each program and had to work with multiple state agencies on their own.
The Common Intake service makes it easier for both providers and potential clients to apply for services they need. Additionally, submitting applications electronically ensures that client information is complete and accurate. This reduces the amount of time it takes for applications to be processed.
Programs included in Common Intake today include:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program/SNAP
- Women, Infant, and Children (WIC) Services
- Free and Reduced Price School Meals Program
- School Breakfast and/or School Lunch
- Community Services and Long-term Support
- Home care services for elders (or seniors)
- Vocational rehabilitation services
- Services for individuals who are legally blind
- Services for children with developmental disabilities
- Services for adults with intellectual disabilities (including mental retardation)
- Assistive Technology Fund for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Case Management and Social Services for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Services for adults with a mental health condition
- Services for children with a mental health condition, including serious emotional disturbance
- Services for veterans seeking inpatient, outpatient, or domiciliary care (Chelsea Soldiers' Home)
- Services for veterans seeking inpatient, outpatient, or domiciliary care (Holyoke Soldiers' Home)
Workers in state agencies, hospitals, health centers, homeless shelters, and other community service organizations can all use Common Intake. It is easy to use, and if needed training on how get access to and use Common Intake is available free of charge. If you have questions about how to gain access to Common Intake, contact Virtual Gateway Customer Service at 1-800-421-0938.