Common Intake Training Course Catalog
The Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS) Virtual Gateway offers online training for providers and outreach workers that need to understand and use the Virtual Gateway Common Intake application to submit online applications for health and human services programs. Please review the course description and prerequisites before sending your request for training.
Course Title: Virtual Gateway Common Intake SNAP Benefits Training
This course provides outreach workers with the skills necessary to successfully submit electronic applications for SNAP, WIC and other HHS programs for eligible individuals using the Common Intake application on the Health and Human Services Virtual Gateway.
Participants will use their knowledge of the paper application process to learn how to use the Virtual Gateway to successfully submit a Common Intake Application for SNAP, WIC, Free and Reduced Price School Meals Program (this program is only available when school is in session), and other Community Services and Long-term Support programs and services for eligible individuals.
This course is designed for staff at community and outreach organizations, hospitals, community health centers and others who currently assist Massachusetts residents submit applications for SNAP, WIC and other HHS programs. Please review the Prerequisites listed below before enrolling in this course.
This online course allows individuals the convenience to attend training right from their desktop.
- Overview of the EOHHS Virtual Gateway
- Review the process for determining if an electronic application is appropriate for a client's particular situation
- Learn how to enter electronic applications for SNAP, WIC, and other programs
- Learn the steps to submit the electronic applications for determination
- Learn about the various forms and signature pages generated by the electronic application
To register for online training:
- Review Prerequisite Checklist below
- Email Sandrene Odom at VirtualGatewayTraining@state.ma.us.
Please be sure to include "Common Intake Online Training Request" in the Subject line of the email
- For each attendee, please include:
- Full name, email address, telephone number
- Name and address of your organization
You will receive an email confirmation within two business days containing instructions on how to complete your online training. If you any have questions, please contact:
Sandrene Odom, Training Registrar
EOHHS IT Virtual Gateway Operations
- Legal agreements for your organization must be completed or in process at time of training. If you are unsure if your organization has all of the required legal agreements in place, please contact Virtual Gateway Customer Service: 1‑800‑421‑0938. To access/complete legal agreements:
- Access the Virtual Gateway page by going to: www.mass.gov/vg
- Select Becoming a Virtual Gateway User link in the bottom left part of the page
- Read through the instructions and information
- Download and complete the Virtual Gateway Services Agreement
- Download and complete the Access Administrator Forms
- Download and complete the Common Intake Rider form (scroll down the page to Services for Providers and Government Workers—Service Rider)
- Mail (do not email or fax) the signed originals of the forms to the address indicated on the Virtual Gateway Common Intake Agreement (please retain a copy for your records)
- Once you receive your confirmation and training email, your organization’s Virtual Gateway Access Administrator (AA) should send the completed Common Intake User Request Form (URF) to the email address indicated on the form (upper right hand corner). Please note that this form must be emailed from the AA’s email account. Instructions and role definitions are included on the form. Additional information is also included on the first tab of the form.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.